SENSES - e-learning course for inspiring social enterprises in the Danube region
Welcome to the online platform of the e-learning material of SENSES project!
This online course was created to help inspiring social entrepreneurs to fill in their knowledge and skills gaps in order to successfully manage and sustain their social enterprises.
Why SENSES Course is special?
There are several e-learning courses dedicated to social entrepreneurs. SENSES project, however, is based on our research conducted to investigate the existing skills and knowledge gaps of social entrepreneurs. This way the content of the course has been tailored to the real needs of the target groups.
The modular structure of the e-learning material focuses on the most relevant topics the social entrepreneurs identified as important learning area for them. The modules go deeply in each area, so the trainee can acquire detailed knowledge. Still, the content has a very practical focus. Last, but not least, the training modules have been developed under the SENSES partnership, containing the contribution, experience of the best experts of 8 countries.
Detailed content of the course
The course starts with an introduction which is followed by 6 modules covering the most important aspects of social entrepreneurship. You can find all course materials under the "E-LEARNING" tab:
Module 1 – How to develop your social enterprise model by the help of the social business canvas
Module 2 - Practical marketing knowledge with a special focus on online marketing tools
Module 3 - Sales and pipeline management, with a focus on entering new markets
Module 4 – Challenges in managing social enterprises
Module 5 - Financial planning and management – how to reach long term financial sustainability
Module 6 - Intellectual property protection tools in social enterprises
You can go through all the modules or can select from them, based on your needs. Quizzes evaluate the level of your acquired new knowledge after each module, and if you scored 50% or above, you will be provided a certificate by e-mail about completing the module.
Participation in the course is free of charge! Register, start the course and contact us by e-mail if you have additional questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the Course
The aim of the course is to provide:
- the trainees a general overview about social entrepreneurship as an opportunity to achieve social goals by professional business practices,
- practical knowledge's on how to start and run social enterprises successfully and in a sustainable way
- practical tools which enable trainees to
- develop a sustainable social business concept,
- use general marketing practices
- develop/improve their techniques on sales, pipeline management
- acquire the necessary theoretical management knowledge to be able to plan the strategy and the successful operation of the social enterprise
- use all the necessary methodology of performance management to be able to track and improve the effectiveness in the different areas of the SE
- understand the basic financial terminologies of a business and use them for a successful financial management
- understand and utilize necessary tools for ensuring long term financial sustainability including the involvement of investment, grants.
- improve the social entrepreneurial skills and competences of the trainees so as they will be able to evaluate business opportunities to target social goals in their communities,
- to provide tools for the trainees to be able to identify, evaluate and minimalize the risks of setting up and running a SE
- develop the necessary skills, competences of the trainees to be able to successfully employ the representatives of different vulnerable groups
- provide information, practical tools to the participants so as they will have the capability to evaluate and use the advantages of the different components of the ecosystem for the long term success of their SE.